This survey is hosted by Jamie at Perpetual Page Turner!
I was reading through Brin’s Book Blog when I came upon this survey and thought that this would be a good way to talk about my year here in this blog. I hadn’t seen it before this year but it has been going on for 5 years and almost 400 people participated in it last year!
Number of Books You Read: 130 books
Number of Rereads: 6 books
Genre You Read Most From: Fantasy
1. Best Book You Read in 2014?
The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson (Basically the whole series, but this was my favorite book in it)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin. One of my favorite booktubers recommended reading this book and I was really excited to read it but for me it was just meh.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. It was a reread for me and I remembered loving this book but this time I felt that there was too much going on and couldn’t concentrate fully. But I loved the second book!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Mistborn-series by Brandon Sanderson and The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Brandon Sanderson! (Yes, this year survey is going to be me hyping Sanderson.) Also Emily St. John Mandel.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell. I haven’t read that many non-fiction books but this was my favorite of them!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Can I say again The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson? If not that then Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch.
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Talon by Julie Kagawa. The book is really beautiful, with or without its dust jacket.
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Vin from Mistborn-series. Did anyone see that coming? 😉 Also Jean from Gentlemen Bastards-sequence.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Station Eleven again. This just made me think about my life and what would happen to me if I was in that situation.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Every Day by David Levithan. I don’t know how I haven’t read any of his books before but this was just amazing!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“All I get is tomorrow.” – Every Day by David Levithan
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
Darth Vader and Son by Jeffrey Brown and The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson. That ending!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Vin and Elend. They are just perfect together!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Vin and Kelsier. And Vin and Sazed. Also West and Glokta from The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I’ve read her Wolfs of Mercyfalls – trilogy before but this book, was perfect! Can’t wait to read her Raven Boys next year!
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. So many people has been recommending this and finally read them this year. It was really worth it, can’t wait to read the ending of this series!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Vin? Okay somebody else… Hmm.. Jean from Gentleman Bastards – sequence by Scott Lynch. I fell in love with him in the second book!
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Half Bad by Sally Green and seems to be the only debut that I read this year…
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I really want to have same kind of adventure in Paris that they had.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Let It Snow by three different authors. I was laughing almost the whole time I was reading it, so much fun!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Mistborn-trilogy. I cried on every book, I think.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
As Red As Blood by Salla Simukka. This is the first book in a trilogy by a Finnish YA – author, who writes really good books! So if you have a chance, check this book out!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Mistborn-trilogy? Also Maus by Art Spiegelman.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson. I loved how they mixed magic and technology together in this book.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. I think I hated every character in this book. Every. One.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
When I started my blog. One of my best decisions this year.
6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Crafted Van on Etsy and Lukulaari at my city.
9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I started blogging so late this year and didn’t have any goals for this year except the Goodreads goal that I finished some time ago.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Sooo many books! If I need to choose one, I have to say The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. People has been hyping this book already a lot and I just can’t wait to get my hands on it!
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I think this is a debut author but correct me if I am wrong!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Winter by Marissa Meyer!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Hopefully I write more discussions posts next year! If you have any suggestions for topics, please tell me on the comments!
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven’t actually read any 2015 releases. Too much to read at the moment.
How was your year? What was your favorite book you read this year? Tell me down on the comments!